The MBL mold training course was first offered on July 5, 2005. Readers of our newsletter suggested that we provide some training based on the topics we used to discuss in our newsletters. That is how this course was born. Since then we have offered the course at least once every month!
The mold training course started as a half-day course covering topics such as:
- How to recognize indoor mould. This section of the course was initially designed for beginners but even experienced professionals have found it useful. Sometimes, one can’t tell for sure whether they are dealing with mold or not.
- How to develop effective sampling strategies. Whether to sample for mold or not (like many other issues involving mold) is controversial. However, there are instances where sampling can’t be avoided. Collection of the right kind of samples and at the right place can make results interpretation easier.
- How to interpret laboratory results. With no standards on permissible exposure levels, opinions on lab results can significantly differ. An understanding of the key limitations of lab results and the principles applied on results interpretation is essential.
A number of participants suggested that we increase the course content to make it a one-day course. We added more material to the original sections and also added a section on mold control.
The mold training course is currently offered by MBL in association with leaders in the industry. It is has been approved by a number of reputable organization for continuous education. These organizations include:
- American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH)
- Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists (CRBOH)
- The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (NACHI) and
- The Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO).
For more details about the course click http://www.moldbacteria.com/training.html
Book today using the booking calendar below.
[booking type=6 form_type=’standard’ nummonths=2]