Question: Last night I developed what I named “brain burn”- my brain literally felt like it was burning and the symptom progressed into my eyes, ears and throat. I discovered today that I had ingested a black mold which was in a cayenne pepper solution that I make for congestion. Do you have any information on this type of mold? I do still have mild symptoms.
Answer: It’s difficult to know what type of mold you ingested without testing it. There are many different types of molds that look black. If you still have a sample of the cayenne pepper, you could send it to us for testing. The lab will be able to test and let you the type of mold present in the cayenne pepper. Learn more about molds at www.MouldFacts.ca.