Often, people will ask the laboratory if it tests for toxic mold. The lab can test and identify any mold. If a mold is known to produce toxins (mycotoxins) the lab can provide this information. It is good to remember toxigenic molds (what the public refers to as toxic mold) do not produce the toxins all the time. Therefore, presence of a toxigenic mold in a house does not necessarily mean the occupants were exposed to mycotoxins. However, some of the toxic molds are also capable of causing mold allergy. Learn more on toxic mold in the article “Mycotoxins In Indoor Environment, Their Health Effects and the Moulds Producing Them”.
You are here: / / Do I Have Toxic Mold In My Home?