Mold bacteria testing

Could Mold Be Making Us Sick?

Question: I have a window that leaks and the hardwood floor under both windows is rotten. The property manager said she can’t fix the leak because “all the windows leak”. My boyfriend and I have been really sick and the doctor can’t explain why. Is there a high chance mold could be growing under the floor, that’s making us sick? And do you know what city service in Vancouver I could contact about this situation?

Answer: If there are leaks it’s very likely that there is mold growing on the water damaged materials. It’s difficult to say whether your sickness is due to mold. However, indoor mold and dampness have been associated with ill health. People who are sensitive to mold may experience symptoms such as nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation. Individuals with a history of mold allergies may have more severe reactions. People with weak immune system may get serious infections in their lungs when they are exposed to molds such as Aspergillus fumigatus. Such people are advised to stay away from areas that are likely to have mold.

I am not sure which city service in Vancouver you could contact about this situation but you may want to try their public health department.

Tagged on: ,

One thought on “Could Mold Be Making Us Sick?

  1. Pingback: Cheese Mold : Is Cheese Mold Safe to It? « Cheese Please