Close to 200 species of moulds have been reported from indoor environments. However, only a small percentage of this is commonly found indoors. A significant number of these moulds may appear black or greyish and hence the common term “black mould”.
How do I know if the black mould in my house is “toxic mould”?
Since many moulds may appear black, it’s only through laboratory identification of the mould that one can tell whether the mould is known to be toxigenic (“toxic”) or not.
How do I clean up black mould in my house
The key to preventing black mould growth is to eliminate moisture. Once mould has grown in a building it has to be removed. Regardless of the type of mould, the procedures used to remove mould are the same. However, the amount of mould present, the type of mould and the sensitivity of the occupants determines the level of remediation required. For example, in a hospital environment the safety measures taken in mould removal are more stringent than say in an industrial environment.
For more information regarding black mould, please call 905-290-9101.