Job Title: Senior Microbiologist
Due to expansion there is now a vacancy for a Senior Microbiologist to join Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories (MBL), BC, Office. Salary package for the Senior Microbiologist is negotiable and depends on level of experience. Candidates for the Senior Microbiologist role MUST have people-management experience.
To manage people, initiate and manage change and develop the BC laboratory. The Senior Microbiologist will implement and maintain ISO/IEC 17025:2005 microbiological testing methods, lead and co-ordinate ISO test method validation. There is accountability for managing the day to day lab activities, leading and coordinating analytical services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for satisfactory operation of a wide range of microbiological tests, environmental monitoring, sampling and procedures.
- Responsible for timely and effective testing and release of sample results.
- Perform routine microbiological testing of samples (e.g. air samples, Bulk, water etc.)
- Recording, interpreting and communicating/reporting of results to the clients.
- Ensure results are released in the shortest possible lead-time.
- Take responsibility for release and approval of results.
- Prompt reporting and investigating of any deviations from expected results or documented procedures.
- Suggesting lab improvements, and ensuring consistency of results and adherence to GLP and quality requirements.
- Assist with introduction of new testing services.
- Lead investigations and out of specification results.
- Perform audits.
- Initiate research and development (R & D).
- Qualified to Degree level (preferably M.Sc., or PhD.) Microbiology.
- People management experience within a microbiological field.
Applications for this position will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Apply by mailing or emailing your application to the address below (please include the title of the position in your application):
Mold & Bacteria Consulting Laboratories (MBL) Inc.
1020 Brevik Place, Unit 1A
Mississauga, Ontario L4W 4N7
or email: email@example.com
No phone calls please.