Use An Accredited Laboratory for Your Mold or Bacteria Testing
Mold & Bacteria Laboratories is accredited to the internationally recognized standard ISO/IEC 17025:2005(E) general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories.
In addition, our Microbiology Laboratory staff are either PhD or Masters degree holders. MBL is rated proficient in the AIHA’s Environmental Microbiology Proficiency Analytical Testing (EMPAT) Program for culturable fungi, direct exam, and spore-trap samples.
For high priority clearance projects requiring immediate analysis of spore-trap and direct-exam samples, our rush services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if required.
Spore Trap Analysis
- Non-culturable: Identification and enumeration (counts/m3) to genus (or group) of all spore types present, quantification of fibers and hyphal fragments, as well as an assessment of background debris and skin cells.
Surface/Bulk Sample Analysis
- Direct Examination (tape-lift, swab, or bulk): Identification and qualitative assessment to genus (or group) of all fungi present.
Culturable (Impactor Samples)
- Identification to genus level of all fungi and bacteria present and enumeration to cfu/m3. Identification to species of fungi and bacteria is available for a small surcharge.
Culturable (swab, wipe, bulk, dust)
- Identification to genus and/or species level of all fungi and bacteria present and quantification to CFU/unit. Identification to species of fungi and bacteria is available for a small surcharge.
Characterization of Dust
- Identification and semi-quantitative enumeration of household dust particles, fungi, pollen, and fibers.
For all your mold and bacteria testing needs, contact the laboratory using the form below.
If you would like to receive more information regarding our laboratory services or our prices, please call us at 905-290-9101 (Ontario) or 604-435-6555 (British Columbia). You can also complete the form below and we shall get back to you within 2 business days.